Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2017 10:00

problem with my laptop screen

Hello,

I bought my laptop about 3 months ago. About a week or so, I have noticed that on the top left corner there is a some sort of flashing light. I have no idea why or how to fix it and it appears only at the top left corner of the screen. I updated all the drivers but it didn't help. I don't know what else I can do. Maybe someone can help me to figure out what the problem is and how to fix it? I uploaded a short video to show you what the problem is. I hope you can see it as clearly as I can see it. Please help me.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 13th, 2017 09:00

I see nothing wrong in that video? Do you see the issue when running the LCD BIST (Built In Self Test) ?

November 13th, 2017 10:00

thank you for youre reply...please look closely at the video at 0:10 you will see a white light line blinking and that is the problem in real life you will see it much clearer and for your question i didn't see the problem in the lcd bist only when the computer is working

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 14th, 2017 04:00

Because you did NOT see the issue when running the LCD BIST, then we know that the LCD, LCD cabling, and GPU are OK. This means the fault is either the operating system GPU driver, or the something else in the operating system. But not a hardware issue.

November 14th, 2017 04:00

But i that was the case then i should have see the problem in other screens but when i connected my laptop to the tv via hdmi evreything was fine

The flashing appers only at the laptop screen...what are you suggesting me to do?

November 14th, 2017 07:00

*UPDATE*  i redid the bist test and still didn't see the problem so i shutdown the laptop and charge it for a while when i turn it back on i noticed that there is a red light in the corner of the screen (only at the top left corner the rest of the screen is fine) the weird thing is when i opened my browser i couldnt see the red light but it is steal there!? any idea what is the problem? someone can help me please?

https://streamable.com/5zh80

No Events found!