Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2009 16:00

sound issue with inspirion 1011

The sound on my mini 1011 is very tinny sounding, and it has been that way from the day i received it.

Does any one know what the problem may be?

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2009 19:00

I dont have problem with my sound per say, but I do have problems whenever I go on windows live msgr and go on webcam...the person can hear me, but I cannot hear them and they sound all choppy so to speak.

As we speak, I have went to see a certified dell tech and he said he took care of the problem.  But when I got home it did the same thing. (frusterated sigh)

I do beleive the sound should be a little bit better but that only happens when u test it through Realtek.

If you have any answers regarding the webcam sound, it would be greatly appreciated.  If I come across anything with regards to your concern, I will definitely keep you informed.

Thanks ;)

1 Message

November 6th, 2009 18:00

My internal speakers on my Dell 1010 sound tinny as well. I think its mainly because the speakers are small.

I have the same problem as Xanorelle. Whenever I use the internal webcam with Live messenger, I cannot hear the person Im  talking to because of choppy audio. I have uninstalled both audio and webcam drivers and Installed the newest drivers to no avail. I have also played in internal sound setting in both realtek and live messenger - no dice.

I want to say its Live messenger having problems with either my audio or webcam, but I am frustrated right now with it. Need a break from it.

If I find the problem, I will post it.

EDIT:// Xanorelle, what version of Live are you using? If its 2009 (or version 14), then your out of luck. From what I read on the net, people are having all sorts of audio issues with the new Live 14.0. People were uninstalling 14.0 and reinstalling 8.5 in order to fix the problem. BUT, Live is now FORCING users to upgrade to 14.0.

Here is the link about it, Read the comments: http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!98984.entry

Im going to try yahoo messenger and see if my audio chop is still there. I will report back my findings.

2 Posts

November 9th, 2009 16:00

I hope this goes thru.  SOLUTION!!!! my webcam audio works PERFECT when using Skype.  So I think by far, windows live is a conflict with the inspirion 1011.

Hope this information is helpful.

No Events found!