Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2013 21:00

trail of Images on the Screen of the Image of the MS Lync - and other Images.

The User said the the MS Lyncs- when it is dragged accros thr screen - it creates
multible immages of the MS Lync -  like 20 or more images, and its driving the computer user crazy.

there is a trail of Images on the Screen of the Image of the MS Lync.

also the user complained of Computer freezing up - and monitor acting funny.  as stated above.

May 18th, 2013 19:00

So I posted this yesterday, and still no answer after 22 hours.  However, I talked to another Tech (I work at a help Desk- sub-contracted to Dell), and they told me to updsate the Video Drivers- Sound 's like a plan.  Any Comments?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 21st, 2013 04:00

Hello Computer-Geek,

In order to assist you further, please help me with few details about the issue:
Since when are you facing the issue?
Is it happening only with  MS Lync or any program that you open?
Were there any recent updates?

Before updating the video drivers, I would suggest a couple of steps:

1. Run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. It is just to check the functionality of the hardware installed in the computer. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. in case the test passes on all the components, follow the next step.
  2. Try performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists. 

Please write back with results. 

May 24th, 2013 12:00

I was helping another person with their Work Computer.  I was not able to view The problem, very well.  and I spoke to the Computer Owner only two times.

I presume that either they resolved the Compuer /Video issue, at this point.

part of the Problem, was that the Person I was trying to assit was not very clear.

thanks, for your help.

Compuer Geek

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 07:00

Hello Computer-Geek,

Thank you for the update. Please write back to the forum if need any further assistance.

No Events found!