Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2015 02:00

trying to connect a dell I7547 laptop with an HDMI port to an older Dell IN1910F vga monitor

trying to connect a dell I7547 laptop with an HDMI port to an older Dell IN1910F vga monitor. The adapter cable that I have purchased will make the 2 displays work, but it will not autoconnect. Instead the 2 screens go black. If you force a restart, they both come up working fine after the reboot. Same with disconnecting it, you have to hold the start button and reboot the computer. Are there any solutions to this?

The only response I got was a snark from an obvious younger hotshot with an angry bird avatar. It provided no details as to why it will never work, or what I needed to do, only a proud proclamation that I got hoodwinked. An attempt to clarify that it does display, with restarts, earned for some reason a reply of "Did you not read what I wrote." Moderators felt that his stuff was fine, and my replies calling it snark and calling him out should be edited.

I personally felt I was taking a chance even buying a Dell. Moderators, do you wish to continue confirming my suspicions, or do you want to attempt to help with the laptop problem?

511 Posts

January 25th, 2015 13:00

It sounds like you may be having a driver issue if the displays will work after a reboot. Do you know what adapter you purchased and where you purchased it?

5 Posts

January 25th, 2015 14:00

the brand is Victsing, through Amazon. I have the touch screen disabled. I'm not sure if my HDMI port is powered. I track my drivers with SlimDrivers. I am trying to find out if there is a new driver for the older analog laptop. Not sure if the adapter needs to be powered or if I need a switcher box.

No Events found!