Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2009 15:00

trying to get my laptop Inspirion 1150 port

My port is loose and computer will not charge. I have tried to get in touch with Dell but I cannot understand most

of the operators. I need to send my laptop in and have it fixed but do not know who or where I can send to.

Does anyone have a direct line into Dell? (my warranty has expired so I am paying for this myself) thus the difficulty in

getting help.

KC

1.6K Posts

February 27th, 2009 15:00

In all honesty, it won't be worth sending the system to Dell - they'll charge about $500 to replace the system board.  That makes no sense on an outdated budget system like the 1150.

Even a repair with a soldering shop will run $150-200 - which likewise makes little sense on a model this old.  If you want to have the repair done, there are several places (google) that can do it - if you have a true repair shop for televisions locally, they may be able to do it as well.  www.aqstech.com is one place that does such repairs.

Note: most "computer repair" shops like Geek Squad, etc. will simply replace the mainboard as Dell will - and the cost won't make any sense for this model.

No Events found!