Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

62 Posts

February 6th, 2008 02:00

where's the Bluetooth

I'm just setting up my new Inspiron 1525. I can find no indication that the promised bluetooth card is installed. I really don't know what I'm supposed to see. Dell Support shows that the unit had Bluetooth in the original configuration. There's no Bluetooth in the Device Manager. There's no Bluetooth icon on the taskbar. Does anyone care to enlighten me regarding Bluetooth access on this laptop. I'd better go back and read some more. Thanks for any help.

62 Posts

February 6th, 2008 02:00

Ooops. Can you say "Turn on the wireless, Knucklehead!". Thanks anyway.

14.4K Posts

February 6th, 2008 08:00

Turn on the wireless, Knucklehead...  :smileyvery-happy:

14 Posts

March 9th, 2008 19:00

Well, I don't have a clue as to where the wireless is to turn it on. I am running a wireless - router, but my bluetooth does not work. I see nothing on this laptop (E1505) which indicates I can even turn it on. I have a "B" in my light tray above the keyboard, but that's it. HELP! This is driving me crazy!

1.5K Posts

March 10th, 2008 04:00

Adding a question to a "Solved" Thread will unlikely even be seen by anyone with an answer for you.

I have no knowledge of E1505, but this would generally be true for all.

First place is BIOS Setup (tap F2 key on first boot screen) and it will have options to turn on Bluetooth and how to set "Switch" for it.

On my D800, "switch" is [Fn]/[F2] to toggle on/off and this can be set in BIOS for BT or WiFi or both, best way is right click the Blue Oval with Bluetooth Symbol by your Clock and select enable/disable from menu.

My D830 has a tiny slide switch on left side, again the function is selected in BIOS Setup and options are for any or all combinations of WiFi, BT and Cell, and best for BT is again on right-click menu.

If it is installed and not seen in BIOS, you should visit {HERE} and scroll to the bottom for five links to answers.

Art

14 Posts

March 10th, 2008 09:00

Thank you.  I will give your suggestion a try this a.m.  I appreciate your quick response as I was getting ready to buy an adapter in order to use my bluetooth headset.

14 Posts

March 10th, 2008 09:00

Just checked the BIOS and everything is turned on.  Yet, I can find no way to use Bluetooth on this laptop.  I will make a new post and hopefully someone can help me.  Thank you for trying.

62 Posts

March 10th, 2008 13:00

The wireless switch on the 1505 is on the left side of the computer near the top. If you've turned on your wireless network connection your Bluetooth should also come on. If the bluetooth is on you should see a bluetooth icon  in the system tray. With your wireless switched on, go to the Device Manager-Network Adapters and see if the bluetooth radio is listed.

62 Posts

March 10th, 2008 13:00

Oh, yeah. Click on the bluetooth icon and register whichever bluetooth device it is that you are trying to use.

36 Posts

March 12th, 2008 13:00

On my Inspiron 6400 I disabled Bluetooth by purpose, because I do not use any device for it.

To enable: Press simultaneously. At least on my machine, this lights up the "bluetooth" LED right besides the WiFi LED. And the bluetooth icon shows up in the system tray. I am running Vista, though.

5 Posts

June 26th, 2008 15:00

i also have inspiron 6400 and im having the same problem, when i use + only wifi light is indicating but not bluetooth next to it, i want to use bluetooth with my cell phone, can anybody plz tell me how to check whether i have bluetooth installed in my laptop, i have checked with dell support but it was not indicated in that check, is there any other way to check it, i have WLAN card installed in my laptop. plz reply me if anybody know about it.

1.5K Posts

June 26th, 2008 16:00

Bluetooth radio was usually an 'extra-cost' option and if it is not shown on your support site, it was not included. Bluetooth is seperate from WLAN, although Fn/F2 turns both on/off (or how it's set in BIOS).

Another check would be to go into BIOS Setup (Fn/F3 in Windows, or F2 on first Dell Boot Screen) and page through to see if it is there and set to 'load' on startup ("enabled" might be the word to set).

You need to look at your Dell online Service Manual to see installation, you could look for the 'card' or the 'cable' to exist.

It can be a problem with 'license' to add Bluetooth after purchase, which is why internal BT is not found through Dell Upgrade site, some have ordered from Dell 'Spare-Parts' or bought on Ebay.

5 Posts

June 27th, 2008 04:00

thanx for the reply

i checked my bios and bluetooth card is not present in my laptop :smileysad: but in wirelees tree there was a setting that enable or off the internal bluetooth, it was off by default, i changed it to enable and also set the key to wireless + BT option,

what is internal bluetooth, and after i have changed this setting still my bluetooth is not activated and no light is seen with the wifi one.

1.5K Posts

June 27th, 2008 05:00

Click Here to open the Bluetooth page<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> from your service manual.

the above shows what it looks like and where it would be found in an Inspiron 6400. 

If it existed and were enabled, you could turn it on w/ Fn/F2.

No Events found!