Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2013 06:00

xps 14z laptop not start

I have xps 14z with ser. Tag no. 40rjvl1 when I am starting my laptop, with black screen only continue beep sound  is coming , fan and dvd drive run sound I heard please help me how can I over come to this problem

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 18th, 2013 06:00

Hi 29rthakur,

Please do not post the service tag in the public forum for security reasons.

Count the number of beeps after each interval when the system is switched on.

Please connect the laptop to an external monitor using the HDMI port and check the display on the external monitor. Ensure the laptop and external monitor are switched on.

This helps us to check if the problem is with the LCD screen or the motherboard/video card of the laptop.

Also, run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-test) on the laptop to check if there is any problem with the LCD screen.

To initiate LCD BIST:

• Connect the AC adapter to your computer.
  • Hold the letter on your keyboard and then turn on your computer.
    You will see four colors (grey, red, green, and blue) on the screen in a sequence.

If you see any colors on the screen the LCD screen is fine. If not the problem is with the LCD screen and LCD needs to be replaced.

Please post the results.

3 Posts

August 18th, 2013 07:00

Beep is continuous and hdmi monitor also black

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 18th, 2013 10:00

Hi 29rthakur,

Have you tried pressing the key combination FN+F1 to switch the screen to external display after the laptop and external screen are switched on?

Please try and post the results.

3 Posts

August 19th, 2013 07:00

problem solved thanks DELL-Nikhil

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 19th, 2013 08:00

Hi 29rthakur,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

June 1st, 2014 09:00

Can you please tell me what you did to fix the problem? I am having the same issue. Continuous beeping with black screen.
No Events found!