Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 17:00

xps 1530 windows vista service pack 1

Greetings to all,

first of all i would like to mention that till now i am Very Satisfied with Dell. It is the first laptop that i am buying from them and the laptop and support is actually great !

Anyway ,  my question is regarding service pack 1 for windows vista. Does anyone know when will it be available for xps 1530 ? I read a few outdated posts so i would appreciate a fresh reply.

I read an article from microsoft mentioning that sp1 will not be available if you have outdated drivers. The only one that i found on my system was the fingerprint reader. Actually there were new versions for the other devices that were not available through microsoft's update website...

Since vista is "sensitive" on driver update, will be service pack be available from Dell in the future ? Is Dell going to update the device drivers through microsoft update ?

Thank you very much. I appreciate your replies.

Best Regards

Leon 

18 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 17:00

Already is available through Windows Update.  Downloaded mine on the 18th when it was first released.

3 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 18:00

Did you update any drivers before that ? The version that i have is Vista  Home Basic English. I just checked again and it says "Windows is up to date ... No new updates are available for your computer"

Most recent check for update : 23 / 03 / 2008 at 21:12 pm

Updates were installed 16 / 03 / 2008 at 11:10 am

?

Any thoughts ? Is your system stable after the update ?

1 Rookie

• 

119 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 19:00

There have been a number of M1530 users that have installd SP1 successfully including myself.  Windows AutoUpdate did not become available for SP1 download, because of the SigmaTel driver.  However, I went to Microsoft and did a manual download and did the install anyways.  I had no problems and everything has gone extremely well.

67 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 19:00

56 Posts

March 23rd, 2008 22:00

According to what I have read the SP1 Update may not be available on the Windows Update auto-update site until late April or May. As stated earlier you can download it from the Microsoft site.

3 Posts

March 24th, 2008 02:00

Downloaded the service pack 1 myself today also. it's more noticeably stable... worth the upgrade! it's sad you gotta wait till Mid April for those that want to do it through Windows Update. It works fine even though I didn't even upgrade my fingerprint drivers, etc.

3 Posts

March 24th, 2008 18:00

Thank you all for your replies.

I downloaded and installed the service pack without updating any drivers. Till now it looks fine. Hopefully i will not get any bluescreens ...

Best Regards,

Leon 

43 Posts

March 26th, 2008 00:00

That was a long way to download over 400 MB for the full install. I just update the Upek finger driver from here http://www.upek.com/support/downloads/drivers/windows.asp then the 66 MB SP1 has appeared in windows update (Have some retry thought before it was found). To date, pretty stable stuff.

--

No Events found!