Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2010 06:00

xps 1530 with hardware issues

Hey all

Ive been having issues, with my xps for some time the touchpad left hand button has lost its spring, so swopped the buttons over. Unfortuntely this has now happened to the right hand button as well. Can I make a warrenty claim on this as its covered until the end of next year, as the warranty was extended last year.

Secondly over the last two weeks ive been getting green lines appearing on my screen, which when moved, disappear, but as this has happened a few times Im now beginning to get a bit worried about it, any ideas?

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers

J Daniels

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 8th, 2010 07:00

Have the palmrest replaced under warranty to solve that problem - the other is a failing nVidia chip, for which you'll need to have the mainboard replaced under warranty.

In at least some cases, Dell isn't always repairing these any longer - in some cases people have reported receiving replacement systems rather than repairs.

November 3rd, 2010 17:00

Have the palmrest replaced under warranty to solve that problem - the other is a failing nVidia chip, for which you'll need to have the mainboard replaced under warranty.

In at least some cases, Dell isn't always repairing these any longer - in some cases people have reported receiving replacement systems rather than repairs.

Any related guide to learn? Could you give more explanation on it?
No Events found!