Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

1 Message

January 23rd, 2006 22:00

D610: adapter/battery problem :(

Hi there :) I've been searching all afternoon for this type of problem, and I've gotten a lot of responses but still unsure of what to do.

I recieved a Latitude D610 in September, and it's been working perfectly. aboit 3 weeks ago I accidently pushed it over the bed while sleeping and it made the adapter plug dent a little bit, but it didn't effect anything -- it's been working perfectly as before. I usually work off with the adapter and once in awhile use only the battery.

Yesterday it started to act about. It said that the battery was critically low, and then it shut down, then I reboot it and it said the system doesn't recognize the AC power adapter. Then i researched, and i tried to gauge the lights on the battery, and out of the 5 lights, 1 blinked. I still don't know what that means lol. So then reading more, I checked to see if the adapter had its light on, and it does.

I didnt have time todwell on it because I went to a dance, but when I came back it would turn on, give me the adapter warning, and have the battery light orange.

So my question is, which solution should I take? A new adapter? A new battery? A new motherboard? Ugh...I just spent 300 on a stupid high school dance! ;)

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Sam
No Responses!
No Events found!