Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2012 19:00

Dell Latitude E6510 laptop keyboard can not be used to how to do

The notebook is used for a long time lead to me again when using the keyboard problem, the keyboard keys can not be used, this makes me very upset things, also fixed a lot of the time, but time is short, so I think I must have a keyboard, who can tell me about the plan?

Keyboard selection scheme:http://www.keyboard-world.com/Laptop-Keyboard-1933-Dell+Latitude+E6510.html

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 04:00

Hi keyboardworld,

I would like to know if you are performing any trouble shooting steps for the Keyboard to work when it stops working.

In future if the keyboard stops working, I request you to check if the Keyboard responds outside the Operating system. To check this, please follow the steps given below and let me know the status:

Restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F8 key every two seconds. In the ‘Advanced Boot Option’ window using down or up arrow key highlight ‘Repair your Computer’ and hit enter. Select the keyboard layout and click on ‘Next’. On the ‘System recovery Option’ menu click on ‘Command prompt’ to open it.

Use your keyboard in this window to check if it works fine. In case the keyboard works fine, the issue is with the Operating system. You may have to back up all the data on the system and reinstall the operating system. If the keyboard does not work even at command prompt, you may consider replacing the keyboard.

No Events found!