Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2011 09:00

I am not sure so please bear with me

For sometime now everytime I turn on my Inspiron N5030 I keep getting an open file warning{name-photo\App Data\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Util.exe     Publisher:unknown publisher  type:application  from:C;\users\dmpphoto\App Data\Roaming\Adobe   open file-security warning,the publisher could not be verified.Are you sure you want to run this software? I do not want to run it,but would like very much to get rid of it and this warning notice.Can you please help me?Thanks,dmpphoto   

3.8K Posts

March 19th, 2011 07:00

Hi Dmpphoto,

Welcome to the Community. I would not suggest you delete, as you may need Adobe for certain applications. But you can get did of that message. Click on Start, just above the start button, type in msconfig, and then press enter, click on the startup tab on top, and search for the same file name C;\users\dmpphoto\App Data\Roaming\Adobe, and uncheck the box next to it. Click on Apply and then OK. It will ask you to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Restart.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2011 13:00

Royan,thanks for your response.Fortunately I was able to do a system restore prior to your email without any loss to files or photos. I kept a copy of your response in case I should ever have the same problem again.So thanks again,dmpphoto

No Events found!