Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

September 20th, 2004 21:00

Inspiron 1100 Boot Problems

Having a problem with my Inspiron 1100.  When it boots up, the Dell logo pops up and the boot bar starts loading.  when it gets about 75% complete, it will freeze up.  I will not let the computer boot up, or allow me to access the boot menu or the setup.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any clues or solutions?  Anyone?

Thanks!

Shane

63 Posts

September 23rd, 2004 03:00

I have had the very same problem. It only happened when I had an external hard drive attached. I had always assumed that it was a hardware detection. Do you have any new devices hooked up to your notebook?

September 27th, 2004 13:00

I finally figured out the probelm Tuesday, but did not post back due to a family emergency.  There was a USB hub with a few deviced hooked up...I unhooked it and it booted perfectly.  Not sure if it was the hub itself, the keyboard & mouse, the thumbdrive, or the Palm Cradle.

1 Message

October 4th, 2004 12:00

I have an inspiron 1100 it is 1 year old I want to up the memory from 512. I have 1.99 ghz celeron. Can i up the memory anymore. 

October 4th, 2004 12:00

Yes, you can.  And according to the specs, you should be able to up the memory to 1Gb, but you may need to flash they BIOS for that, but I'm not certain.

63 Posts

October 4th, 2004 14:00

You can up the ram to 1 gb (actually 1024 mb). I did so a few weeks back and have noticed a significant imrprovement in overall speed and performance.
No Events found!