Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2016 23:00

Mic jack doesn't work XPS 702

Hi!

I have a problem with my mic jack. I have a Dell XPS 702 with a Realtek sound card. When I plug a mic into the mic jack the system recognises the mic with the message „You just plugged a device into the audio jack“. A dialog box from Dell Audio apears also in which he ask me which device did i plug in (Line in, Mic in or Rear Speaker out).

But unfortunately I cant hear/record anything, whatever I select. When I go to Control panel/Sounds/Recording i have two devices, Microphone and Stereo mix, both cheked green. The internal mic works fine but the Stereo mix (or Line in if I choose it from the Dell Audio dialog box) doesn't. Can anyonehelp me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 12th, 2016 07:00

When I go to Control panel/Sounds/Recording i have two devices, Microphone and Stereo mix, both cheked green.

Hello. Unplug the mic from the jack and go into Recording again. Right click on Stereo Mix and click disable. Then plug in mic again and see if it works.

I don't know if it matters on laptops like yours that have Realtek hardware, but I used to have a laptop with Sigmatel audio and the mic and Stereo Mix could not both work at the same time.

I cant hear

Even if the mic works you won't hear it until you change its properties on the "Listen" to allow monitoring.

No Events found!