Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2013 15:00

Problems trying to do a Factory Restore on my N5110

I was trying to do a factory restore on my laptop after backing up whatever files I wanted to keep, and when I got to the restore page I got an error message saying the file is corrupt or missing. The only disc that came with my laptop was a Dell Drivers and Utilities disc. Can I get the file I need to do a factory reset from this disc?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 15th, 2013 16:00

Hi wolfie440,

May I know the reason you are trying to restore your computer. Are you facing any issues with your computer?

Newer systems are no more shipped with OS disk. You would need to create the recovery disk when you first bought the computer. Did you create them?

If you are facing any issues with your system, I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality first. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

2 Posts

August 15th, 2013 16:00

Thanks for replying..

I was looking to do a factory restore because I'm having trouble with my computer speed- mostly the internet which has slowed down over the last few months. I first attempted to restore to an earlier point but could only go back about a month or two with no luck.

I didn't create the recovery disks..

and yes, I did use the diagnostics tool earlier and all my hardware passed the tests.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 16th, 2013 16:00

Hi wolfie440,

Please provide the service tag of the computer and the first and last name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). Let me look into this.

1 Message

March 20th, 2014 19:00

Hi guys

I am having exactly the same issue, May i also contact you Appu?

I find it very frustrating that there is no partition and no disks or ability to return to factory settings! :emotion-9:

thanks very much

Mike

No Events found!