Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2011 11:00

Problems with GT525M to play games.

Hi,

I bought XPS 15 Z few weeks ago. Since this time I have many problems to play all the games that  I install in my laptop. I  installed a lot of times Call of duty Black OPS, Call of Juarez, PES 2012 and  Spider Man Shattered Dimensions and all these games crash in the loading screen or early playing game. I probed whit all the options and features in my Nvidia Toolbox on Control Panel but nothing works; also, I probed executing the game on Nvidia Graphic Card and Intel Display adapter type Intel® HD Graphics Family but with both the games crash. I want to know if there is any solution to my problem because is very annoying to have a Laptop that can run a lot of games. I hope here is any solution to my problem.

Thanks for the reply

Julio

3 Posts

February 1st, 2012 21:00

<ADMIN NOTE: Post Edited for Terms of Use violation > I have the same problem :(

I want to play spidermab shattered dimensions but it crashes after the intro video :(

sorry my english

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

February 3rd, 2012 14:00

You may not be able to play these games on their ultimate settings but the notebook does have the hardware to run these games.  It sounds like you are familiar with configuring the notebook.  

Assigning an application or program to the Graphics Processor

Open the NVIDIA Control Panel

* Select Manage 3D Settings

* Click on the Program Settings tab

* In 1: Select a program to customize, click on Add

* Browse to the application/game and open the executable file by clicking Open

* In 2: Select the preferred graphics processor for this program, click on the tab and select High Performance NVIDIA processor

* Click on Apply and the settings will be saved

If these are Steam Games you may have to configure them differently as well.

Default STEAM Executable File Location: for STEAM Applications:

The executable file is located in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\Steamapps

Games will be located in either Common or the account name folder.

Special Instructions for Games Installed via Steam:

Once you have installed your Steam game, create a shortcut from your Steam games list. Once the shortcut appears on the desktop, follow the instructions below.  

If you have the game or the notebook configured to run at "High Performance", start the game's configuration wizard, what video card is the game showing that it is using?   It should be showing the Nvidia GPU and not Intel HD.

I suggest checking the game vendors and see if they have specific instructions to use with Optimus. Assuming that this isn't a problem with the game not being compatible with Optimus drivers, and then they may be a hardware defect with the video cards.  I would check other games or even benchmarks and see if you have the same problems.  I suggest uninstalling the video drivers and then reinstalling them from dell.com.  If the problems continue, please report back here.

TB

No Events found!