Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2017 14:00

Second HDD/SSD

Using Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop. Wanted to add a second drive. The space is there, but nothing to connect it to. Is this normal Dell stuff or do I need to be informed about this kind of thing ?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 24th, 2017 15:00

I think you need to buy the ribbon cable and caddy from Dell Spare Parts.  I'm pretty sure there's a thread here that gives exact part numbers you can purchase, and/or a Dell rep will likely post in here with that info.

15 Posts

August 24th, 2017 15:00

Thank You. I would have to look closer to see if there even is a second header and where. It already has an m2 ssd. It is only two weeks old so don't want to do too much.

15 Posts

August 24th, 2017 16:00

Just got off of chat, no to a way to add drive. What a way to run a company.!!!!

15 Posts

August 24th, 2017 17:00

Dell parts chat said not available at this time or ever ? Looks like I will stick with usb external drives

since I have Samsung 250 gig ssd as a spare. Really only use it for drive image files. Looking at the thing I couldn't see a header.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 24th, 2017 17:00

My system had what it needed for a second drive but I heard they were back ordered on those parts.  

The capability is there, if, you did not possibly get the larger battery.

The extra parts are a cable, I don't remember what it is called, and two brackets which screw to the side of the drive then down in the slot.

As was suggested, there are threads addressing the parts.  Let us know exactly model you have (7567) and if you have a larger battery.  I might be able to check my system for part numbers if they are the same model.

No Events found!