Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 09:00

XPS M1730 Running slow

Now I've recently acquired a XPS M1730. It originally had a bad hard drive, which I happen to have many to replace it with. It also did not come with an adapter. So I purchased a PA-19 adapter, Genuine Dell, online and received in the mail several days alter. I plugged it in and wasz ready to install 8. Once it turned on it said  that it could not recognize the adapter or the wattage is was giving and said, something to the affect that, the unit wouldn't run correctly. Well the I skipped over that and began the install. Once the install was finished, I was curious about the WEI of the computer. It currently has the T8300 cpu, I believe, and 4GB of pc2-6400. The CPU registers at 2.4 and the ram at 2.9. The video card though is relatively high and the RAID HDs are running at 5.9. The question I have is that if the PC cannot verify the adapter's wattage, will the unit not function at 100%? I know the unit cannot be overclocked, because there are no options in the BIOS to configure, but I have another Dell, Inspiron 1545 and it runns faster even though it has at T4300-ish.

677 Posts

October 16th, 2012 02:00

Hi Lone Rider,

The Inspiron 15R is a basic laptop and Fifa 13 is a high end game. It is normal that it is heating up as it is not built for handling high graphics. Usually Graphic cards would reach a temparature of about 80 Degrees while working at full load.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

677 Posts

October 16th, 2012 03:00

Hi elykyle15,

I apologize for the wrong post.

XPS M1730 works only on a 230 Watt AC Adapter. I suggest that you check if the new Adapter you have purchased is a 230 Watt Adapter. Wrong AC Adapter would slow the performance of the system as it will not able able to provide enough power to all the components to perform as designed. Wrong Ac Adapter will not charge the battery also.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

2 Posts

October 17th, 2012 17:00

Okay. I'll just order another one and hopefully it works. Otherwise I'll assume the issue lies with the computer. Although, I will have to say, I am pretty sure the battery was functional and the system was running fine on battery until once I got this computer I replaced the adapter and this issue happened. I appreciate the response.

677 Posts

October 18th, 2012 05:00

Hi elykyle15,

AC Adapter replacement should fix the issue. On the other hand we can run a hardware diagnostics on the system to make sure that all the hardware components are working fine. The following steps will help you to run Diagnotics.

Shut the system down, hold down the 'Fn' key and start the system. This will initiate the hardware diagnostics and checks all the hardware components on the system. Please make a note of any errors duing the tests and reply to this post. This will help us identify the issue better and provide a faster resolution.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                

No Events found!