Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 8th, 2015 14:00

poor resolution on external P2314T monitor after reinstalling Windows 8.1

I had to reinstall Windows 8 on my XPS13; it has an external touch monitor (Dell P2314T).  The resolution had been outstanding but not anymore.  The hardware, cables, etc. haven't changed but I'm sure that some software, update or setting is no longer correct.  My configuration currently shows 1920x1080 but I don't *** what it was prior to crashing Windows.  I've gone through all Windows updates (took many hours) and everything is current (according to Windows Update).

What would you suggest that I do to regain the resolution and image quality on my Dell external monitor?

Thank you in advance,

Bob Cowen

1.2K Posts

June 9th, 2015 11:00

Hi ,

I would suggest you to try these steps and advise the result ,

*Go to system BIOS ,dell mobility center ( in  operating system ) set the resolution to maximum .

*Click here to go to Intel website and download the Intel HD drivers after selecting the relevant operating system .

Do reply to this post if there are any more queries.

Have a great day ahead .

Kind Regards ,

20 Posts

June 9th, 2015 13:00

Jennifer:  thank you for your input but I would appreciate a bit more assistance.

I downloaded the 64 bit version of the latest driver:

Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit

Installs the  Intel®  HD  Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit version 15.28.24.64.4229 (9.17.10.4229)
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows 8, 64-bit*, Windows 8.1, 64-bit*
6/5/2015 15.28.24.64.4229
(Latest)

but after trying to install it was told that my computer didn't meet the minimum standards.  I think this is the right version but perhaps not?  This is the current driver: 10.18.14.4170 dated 3/16/2015.

Second: I don't know where or how to find the BIOS settings.  Perhaps you could offer more direction.  I do not see the mobility center.  Can I get there via the control panel?? When looking at the display properties, it shows 1920 x 1080.  Isn't this already the maximum?

I also checked on the driver for the Dell monitor (1.0.0.0) and according to Windows, it too is up to date.

Finally the computer shows both a generic PNP monitor with Microsoft driver dated 6/21/2006 release 6.3.9600.16384 as well as the Dell monitor.  I suspect that Windows is using this rather than the Dell monitor.  If so, I how do I tell Windows to use Dell as the monitor rather than the generic PNP monitor?

Thank you for your assistance.

1.2K Posts

June 10th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

I would suggest you to install Intel HD graphic's drive from this link .

Also to go to system BIOS restart the system and tap the F2 key then under display adapters choose the brightness to maximum .

And to go to windows mobility search for the same after logging into the system .Then choose the display brightness to maximum .

Below is the screenshot of windows mobility center .

Also uninstall the generic PNP monitor with Microsoft driver .

I hope this helps ,but if there are more queries do reply to this post with the service tag of the system sent via private message.

No Events found!