Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 23rd, 2018 08:00

Can't Find Maxx Audio app

I have a new Latitude 5480. On my old Latitude 5440, I have the Dell Audio Control Panel, which I believe is the MAXX Audio Pro2 app. The new PC does not have this control panel and I am trying to find it to download it.

I just updated the laptop to the newest version of the Realtek driver, (and the old laptop also uses the Realtek driver). 

I have searched on the Dell site and found links to the MAXX Audio Pro app, but they appear to all be for Windows 10. But both of my laptops are Windows 7. Where can I find a link to download this Control Panel?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

June 23rd, 2018 08:00

On my Latitude 7480, which I believe uses the same audio chipset, the app is in my Start menu and called Waves MaxxAudioPro, and on my XPS 15 9530 it's just called "Dell Audio".  Admittedly, my 7480 is running Windows 10 because it has the 7th generation Intel Core CPU and therefore Windows 7 isn't supported on it, but that app is just part of the regular Realtek audio driver package.  If you haven't looked through your Start menu or tried looking for slightly different names, you may find it that way.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you since I've never run Windows 7 on a system that had these apps.

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 11:00

Yes, I do have that. I hadn't noticed it previously. It is NOT the same app, as it has much less features, and looks completely different, but it does have an EQ section, which is what I was most interested in, so I will use it.

No Events found!