Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

2 Posts

February 11th, 2019 02:00

Dell Latitude 7285 keyboard issue

I have purchased Dell 7285 2 in 1 and it suppose to have two batteries on on the Tab and secondary on the dock keyboard and i have the following issue

1- (from Windows 10 OS) battery on Tab is working find and charged to 100% but secondary battery on dock keyboard is 0% & not charging which giving me a battery indicator with 63% total.

2- (from Bios) on battery status primary battery is Excellent and charging  & second battery has two continuous messages 1st Message Battery need to be replaced & second message communication error.

3- when i run hardware diagnostics it report that i have battery issue and i need to contact support. 

error01.png

error02.png

i have replaced the dock keyboard and i still have the same errors.  any advice.

Thanks 

7 Posts

February 11th, 2019 16:00

Have you tried charging the keyboard on its own for a few hours? There is a usb-c port next to the connection pins where you can plug your charger while the tablet is diconnected.

2 Posts

February 12th, 2019 23:00

First Thanks for your reply, I have tried to charge the keyboard dock yesterday for more than 10 hours and still 0%

1 Message

April 15th, 2019 09:00

I have same issue too so I contact service center and they will visit few days

did you changed keyboard dock others?

if then is it problem in tablet? not keyboard?

1 Message

June 23rd, 2019 09:00

Has anyone figured this out yet? It's driving me crazy. I got a brand new keyboard, and no change.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 10:00

Hi did you ever get this keyboard battery sorted? I have exactly the same situation with a new keyboard and it is annoying. Best wishes Cabbunk

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 10:00

Hi I have the same issue exactly. I bought a brand new Dell keyboard/battery 2 and I connected it up but it is not communicating with my 7285 as a battery (The actual keyboard works great, just this problem with the second battery 0% and won't charge). Has anyone reached a solution as I shall have to send the keyboard back but I need it. Thanks Richard

1 Message

November 27th, 2019 07:00

hello, i have the same problem, anyone have a solution?

3 Posts

November 27th, 2019 07:00

Hi it turned out that the new keyboard was faulty. I sent it back and they replaced it and all was well.

hope that helps. Richard. Cabbunk

1 Message

April 2nd, 2020 12:00

I fixed this issue by updating the BIOS to the most recent version, (1.7.0).  I was told if this does not fix the problem, then the keyboard needs to be replaced.

No Events found!