Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2021 07:00

Dell Latitude 7410 - 3.5 Jack not detect headset with microphone

I'm experiencing a problem that on my laptop 7410 the headset is simply defined as headphones. I tried many times to install different driver versions, install SupportAssist, made sure everything is OK, but nothing helped. Maybe someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Windows 10 Enterprise (build 19041.746)
Dell Latitude 7410 Model P119G

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

February 1st, 2021 15:00

I found this from a different thread, but I just tried it and now the Jack Mic is operational. I didn't do all the steps, just installed the software from the Microsoft Store

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Re-enable-Waves-MaxxaudioPro-pop-up-for-Windows-10-v1809/td-p/7197680

Install Waves Maxxaudio for Dell at  Microsoft Store.

Once that's installed open it, and go to the Playback section, click the Advanced menu and check the box for Show pop-up dialog when device is connected.  Plug in your headset and you should get the box to select the type of device.  Select Headset and that should enable the Jack Mic.

2021-02-01 16_32_21-MaxxAudioPro.png2021-02-01 16_32_44-MaxxAudioPro.png

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

February 1st, 2021 15:00

@buzik  If the idea above doesn’t fix the issue, there are two standards for 3.5mm headset jacks, namely OMTP and CTIA. The difference between the two is that they swap the positions of the microphone and electrical ground pins. So if you plug an OMTP headset into a CTIA jack, or vice versa, the headphones will work but the mic won’t. There are adapters for this that simply reverse the positions of those pins, so it will turn an OMTP headset into CTIA or vice versa. They’re not expensive. Unfortunately I don’t know which wiring standard that particular laptop uses though, so I can’t be sure if this is the issue.

2 Posts

February 11th, 2021 22:00

@DCookTech Thank you. Jack on my laptop now working, and detect headset, but I still has problem with my workstation, microphone works, headphones not. And I hear some noise and clicks when nothing should play

1 Message

June 5th, 2021 05:00

Great! I have this problem, too. Now the problem was fixed by your instruction. Thanks

1 Message

September 20th, 2023 11:22

In my case with a Dell Latitude 3520 with Windows 10, I was able to get the analog jack microphone for my headset back to work by doing the following:

- Run the Dell Optimizer application (this was preintalled in my case but you can see instructions here: Dell Optimizer: Overview and Common Questions | Dell US)

- Open the Audio settings and 'enable' the overall Audio 'enhancement'. At that point you will also be able to activate the Audio Device Pop-Up setting.

Once this is done, plugging in the headset jack should trigger the following window:

Note that at this point the headset microphone seems to 'just work' even if you don't click on Optimize any more and even disabling the Audio 'enhancement' in the Dell Optimizer.

How this is set-up is really weird, but again this is Windows :-)

Hope this helps.

Lorenzo

No Events found!