Unsolved

S

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

August 7th, 2019 00:00

Dell latitude 5590 combo audio jack don't see microfone

Hi

I have dell latitude 5590 and 3 pairs of headsets with microphones.  All of them are working fine with any phone but not with my laptop. When I connect each of them to jack-audio port I don't see any popup. The only microphone I see in settings is the one from the camera. I have reinstalled audio drivers. in Sound -> Recording tab I see it as not plugged in. I have tried also with 2 others separate microphones but without success.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

August 7th, 2019 03:00

@szczepq setting up the system for correct microphone/audio output can be quite tricky. Can you help me out with some troubleshooting details so I can get a better understanding of what exactly is happening with the system :-

a) What model of headsets are you connecting to the system?
b) How are you connecting them - 3.5mm stereo jack or usb?
c) When you connect the headset do you get the windows audio device pop up appearing asking what device you connected?
d) What device is shown in the audio control panel as the default audio output device? Left click on the speaker icon in the system tray

image.png 

e) Have you tried selecting the headset from the list you are displayed?

Alan

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

August 8th, 2019 23:00

Hi

a) I have jbl j88, jbl t110, philips shl5905fb and two microphone (one old verbatim and one from kids karaoke set)

b) i userd jack audio for all of them

c) i don't see any popup after connecting the device

d) i have only 2 options (one from hdmi monitor and "speakers/headset(realtek audio)")

e) i can switch sound from one device to another but i can't do that for micropfone

in my sound recordings section i see only microphone from build-in camera

https://imgur.com/a/pCViiVK

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

August 27th, 2019 03:00

@Dell-Alan D I have an old lenovo x250 and each of my headsets is working on this laptop.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

August 28th, 2019 06:00

@szczepq apologies for the delay in responding to this.

Thanks for testing the headsets on other systems, it rules them out as being potentially faulty.

a) When you connect up normal headphones to the laptop are they recognised correctly?
b) Has this issue always been present or has it worked previously?
c) Can you update the audio driver to the latest revision please and let me know if it makes any difference - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=88fff&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-15-5590-laptop

I'll drop you a private message to get your service tag details.

Alan

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

August 29th, 2019 04:00

@Dell-Alan D it is a brand new dell laptop and it has never worked. I have the newest drivers now and i a popup and i can select between headphones and headset but i is not making any changes. I don't have normal headphones, each of them has build-in mic.

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

August 29th, 2019 07:00

@szczepq that progress that you are now getting the pop up.

When you connect the headset, can you select it, even though it may not function correctly?

Once it's connected and if it's recognised, have you tried changing your mic settings from the audio controls from the built in one to the headset microphone?image.png

Alan

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

August 30th, 2019 05:00

@Dell-Alan D i have had this option marked as disabled but after latest windows update (which was yesterday afternoon) it showed up and now everything is working! 

Thank you for your time!

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

September 2nd, 2019 05:00

@szczepq that's great to hear that it's now working.

I'm glad to have been of help, should you need any further help, please get back in touch.

Alan

9 Posts

April 8th, 2021 04:00

I've solved using Realtek audio console -> advanced setting -> Select connector type to Headset (with microphone).

No Events found!