Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

June 29th, 2019 16:00

Latitude 7400

Is it really true that if you want to get the advertised long battery life with the Latitude 7400 you can’t have a webcam or microphone in Australia? I took delivery of a new 7400 and to my dismay the battery lasted less than 6 hours. When I investigated further, I had the 'standard' battery of 45whrs. The long life batter is 78 but was told by a Dell sales person that I would have to forgoe having a webcam and mircophone. "With 6 cell 78 WHr battery you will not have Camera and Microphone and this is 14 inches screen the battery will protrude on the back of computer." Thoughts?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 29th, 2019 19:00

@PhilR2019 wrote:
Is it really true that if you want to get the advertised long battery life with the Latitude 7400 you can’t have a webcam or microphone in Australia? I took delivery of a new 7400 and to my dismay the battery lasted less than 6 hours. When I investigated further, I had the 'standard' battery of 45whrs. The long life batter is 78 but was told by a Dell sales person that I would have to forgoe having a webcam and mircophone. "With 6 cell 78 WHr battery you will not have Camera and Microphone and this is 14 inches screen the battery will protrude on the back of computer." Thoughts?

Don't know.

This message board is for USA customers.

You could try configuring on Dell's Australia website.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

June 29th, 2019 21:00

Yep have tried that. We don’t have a Dell community in Australia. Thanks anyway.

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

June 30th, 2019 06:00

@PhilR2019 wrote:
Yep have tried that. We don’t have a Dell community in Australia. Thanks anyway.

Their assertions are hard to believe, but not being in Australia who knows what Dell Australia is doing.

No Events found!