Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

October 18th, 2022 13:00

No Display on USB-C

Latitude 5490

Latitude 5490

I am trying to connect two external monitors to my Latitude 5490. Both monitors work when connected to the HDMI port directly. But I can't get any display signal out of the USB-C port. I have tried two different WD19S docks and neither will show a signal to a monitor connected to the dock by HDMI or Display Port cable. The dock will power the laptop and the mouse and keyboard work through the dock, but no video. I have tried connecting a monitor to the USB-C port with a USB-C to DisplayPort cable and that also does nothing. The monitors are Dell P2422H and P2417H. It seems like that functionality is disabled or something. Any thoughts? Thanks.

1 Message

January 27th, 2023 01:00

Have you already found a solution for your problem?

I have a Latitude 5430, which has the same problem. I recently bought a 4K LG monitor, which connects to HDMI perfectly fine, but connecting through the thunderbolt usb-c port gives no signal at all.

Already went to Dell Support and updated drivers and firmware, but that didn't help. When I connect a full HD monitor at work via usb-c it works fine as well.

Could it be related to 4K screens?

January 27th, 2023 05:00

I'm sorry to say that I never did find a solution using the usb-c port. I have one monitor connected to HDMI and the other to the VGA port. I was pleasantly surprised that I could get 1920 x 1080 on the VGA port, so I'm satisfied with that. Of course it is not as convenient as being able to use the dock, but it's OK.  Good luck with your setup.

• 

17K Posts

April 24th, 2023 04:00

JohnHasALaptop

To receive assistance from Dell support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Provide to them the private Service Tag and all of your troubleshooting.

No Events found!