Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2019 08:00

latitude 5490 connect display port monitor via usb-c

Hello.

I would like to connect my BenQ BL2411PT which has display port via usb-c connector to dell latitude 5490 laptop since I want to transfer audio along video through one cable. My usb-c connector have DP logo near it so i bought I-TEC USB-C DisplayPort Cable Adapter 4K/60Hz cable. But monitor shows no signal, and I'm not able to detect anything in win 10 also.

Do I need other adapter to connect my monitor through usb-c or how can I troubleshoot USB-C connection? Thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Michal.

March 7th, 2019 15:00

The cable was the problem. I asked for replacement and it works like a charm (as you could suspect). Thanks for your help.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

March 3rd, 2019 13:00

That should work, and I use a Cable Matters USB-C to DisplayPort cable on my Latitude 7480 just fine.  If you haven't already, check Windows Display Settings and Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to see if either of them detect the display at all, even if they're not sending a signal to it.  Then you may as well make sure your system BIOS/firmware and Intel graphics drivers are up to date.  Other than that, if you happen to have another similar cable, or another DisplayPort display you can test with, or another device that can output video over USB-C, that would help isolate variables here.

No Events found!