Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2016 06:00

Dell updates not working (Repo dead?!)

Hi,

I noticed that I cannot reach the dell repo anymore when running updates (it seems dead to me for at least 2 days)

I got the following the error:

Err:25 dell.archive.canonical.com/updates xenial-dell InRelease
Could not connect to dell.archive.canonical.com:80 (91.189.90.29), connection timed out

Can someone from dell (Jared, Barton, etc...) please look into this and escalate to Canonical?

Merry christmas everyone :)

Thanks,
theresa

350 Posts

December 24th, 2016 09:00

I learned of the outage yesterday. Those repositories are hosted by Canonical. I reported the issue to Canonical and learned that the issue is a failed disk on that host. I have received an initial ETA and have asked Canonical what they can do to shorten that wait given the customer impact.

All of Dell US is on corporate holiday this week and my understanding is that much of Canonical is too for most of that period, but I will try to get updates here as soon as possible.

49 Posts

December 25th, 2016 07:00

Thanks Jared, it's not that a big deal at the moment.
I just wanted to report it so that it will be dealt with it after the Christmas holidays...no need to escalate it for the time being.
The year (throughout) is hectic enough as it is, but it would be nice if it was working again in January....

Happy holidays!

cheers,
theresa

No Events found!