Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

August 7th, 2011 18:00

Dell M5030 touchpad not recongnized by Fedora

Well, i am trying to get my touchpad working but i haven't been able to achieve it.

Tap is working but scrolling is not and i cannot use synclient because i believe the driver is not properly loaded.

lsusb

Bus 005 Device 004: ID 413c:8162 Dell Computer Corp. Integrated Touchpad [Synaptics]

syndaemon returns this:

Unable to find a synaptics device.

i've been reading about this and it seems that the touchpad is recognized as a generic ps2 mouse.

I really don't know how to solve this, i hope someone can help me.

thanks beforehand

uname -r

2.6.35.13-92.fc14.x86_64

August 8th, 2011 08:00

Jesse thanks for the answer but i ended up here cause is a Dell community forum, I though someone could have the answer. Thanks anyway. I'll be waiting an answer from another user.

• 

17K Posts

August 8th, 2011 08:00

Federico7979,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You would need to search the Fedora website or forum for possible resolutions to this issues. Dell does not have any Fedora drivers for this system.

1 Message

August 9th, 2011 08:00

Hey Federico,

try this link:

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php

The solution by mariothomas worked for me.

At least I can disable the touch pad any time I want.

Good luck.

August 9th, 2011 09:00

thanks chachalaco for your answer but that's not the thing i am dealing with ...

i cannot use my touchpad as a touchpad, so i don't have the synaptics driver working so i cannot use the scroll.

I do use the tap and works fine but i don't have the vertical edge to scroll, it just doesn't work. Is intuitive because the driver is not loaded.

No Events found!