Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2007 02:00

E1705, UBUNTU Feisty Fawn, and lm-sensors

I've done a dual-boot installation of Ubuntu on my E1705. After beating my head against the wall on some sound and wireless issues, I've finally gotten everything going EXCEPT... lm-sensors I've done the whole 9 yards: sensors-detect, edits to modprobe.conf, hand-waving, and whistling Dixie. At the end of it all, whenever I enter "sensors" I get a message, "No sensors found!" Sensors-detect tells me I've an unknown chip in the ITE family, and another in the SMSC family. According to the lm-sensor.org web-site, ITE is so rare that support was dropped. The SMSC family, however, is supposed to be fully supported. Has anybody had ANY success configuring lm-sensors on a Dell machine, generally, and on an E1705, specifically? I'd appreciate any information.

15 Posts

September 15th, 2007 13:00

You need to install a couple of packages to get fan/temp sensors/control working.

The base application is called gkrellm, and there's an i8k plug-in package for it.

Open up your synaptics package manager, and search for 'gkrellm' and 'i8k' and install the required packages.

More info can be found here:

No Events found!