Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2009 12:00

dell v305 driver for linux

i recently bought a dell v305 printer and i cant use it with my linux system now to my question why would u make a support system for windows but not linux? i would like to know if there is anything i can do to fix this problem, and if not can i at least make a suggestion when you make a driver cd for your printers or any other product that might in some way be used on a linux system at least put a linux driver on there too so we who dont use windows all the time dont spend a rediculess amount on money on your product and not get to us it..... :emotion-12:

1 Message

February 21st, 2010 12:00

thanks for the post.  dell:  please add me to the heap.  i'm looking at a new v305 on ebay and am ready to buy.  except you have no linux driver.  why?  my nephew has a dell computer which is running fine on ubuntu linux.  he just needs a printer.

1 Message

March 14th, 2010 14:00

thanks for the post.  dell:  please add me to the heap.  i'm looking at a new v305 on ebay and am ready to buy.  except you have no linux driver.  why?  my nephew has a dell computer which is running fine on ubuntu linux.  he just needs a printer.

add me too, the v305 does all I need yet you don't publish drivers, please do so - I am sure that Dell must be aware that there is more to computing than windoze...

No Events found!