Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 16th, 2018 22:00

Dell Venue 8 pro 3845 battery, touch screen, speaker error

Hi all,

I picked up my venue pro 3845 for the first time in about a year and found that it needed quite a few Windows updates (It came with windows 8, but is now running 10).

After struggling to get through the various updates without failing, Windows Update now thinks everything is up-to-date, but important things are broken. The touch screen does not work (so I am currently controlling it with an external keyboard/track pad), the speakers are not found, and the battery is not shown at all.

I have restarted it several times to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling the battery/touch screen drivers (and letting windows re-install them). None of this has helped. I'm not sure if the touch screen is even found. The only drivers under "Human Interface Devices" are "HID-compliant consumer control device", "HID-compliant system controller", "USB input device", and "USB input device". One of those may be my keyboard/track pad.

The only driver listed under battery is "Microsoft AC adapter"

Thank you for any help or suggestions. It isn't super important that I get this to work, but it would be nice if I could actually use this as a tablet someday instead of a brick.

-Taylor

1 Message

September 3rd, 2018 12:00

You have to install the Intel Atom Processor Z3000 series chipset driver, it contains all the other hardware drivers too. You can see that during the installation process itself device manager identifies new hardware and applies drivers.

Contains, Touchscreen, Sound, Battery etc drivers

Hope it helps, Thanks

Srinivas

No Events found!