Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2017 04:00

Moderator please help me to access MessageID=47#20639316

It might be that MessageID=47#20639316 contains an answer to my question.  Can the moderator please help by asking the person if I may access that message?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2017 11:00

chapii,

I have Volunteer Moderator Privileges and I cannot find this message. Can you provide information on where you got this information?

Maybe if you post some information about your system and issues, maybe we can find someone that can help. Since this is about a mobile device, please state if this is Android or Windows operating system.

Rick

5 Posts

February 17th, 2017 12:00

Hi Rick,

I note that you have gone 12 years without a new serious diagnosis.  Keep it up!

Below is a post that I entered regarding my early version Windows Venue Pro smartphone.  Thanks for following up.

I haven't used the phone for several years, no longer have a SIM, don't know the password.  I want to use the phone overseas, but I need to be able to get around the password, or to do a factory reset  However, factory reset seems to require that I get into the phone o/s first.

Can anyone help me to reset without being able to get into the phone?

Can anyone help me to get around the forgotten password?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2017 13:00

chapii,

Since you mentioned that it is a Windows system, I would first try resetting my Microsoft Password, INSTRUCTIONS HERE.

Also try reading THIS ARTICLE. If this does not work, let me know and I'll see if I can find someone that can help.

Rick

5 Posts

February 17th, 2017 17:00

Thank you, Rick, but nope.  The phone only offers a numeric keypad for password entry, which would be consistent with my not having used a Windows login.

The second link really got my hopes up, but, although I tried multiple times with different configurations of finger and several sprained wrists, the phone just starts up.

Cheers.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 20th, 2017 09:00

chappi,

Try looking at the video below.

If the above video does not work, maybe the second video below you can see better.

Rick

No Events found!