Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2004 13:00

1702FP monitor - red flickering bloches in white areas

1702fp flat panel monitor with Dimention 4600.
Since yesterday I get red 'dancing' bloches (only) in the white areas. eg. browser window.
I read the FAQ. Tried reinstalling the driver.
How do I reset the monitor? (the link to the 'OTI' from the KB does not work)

Thanks,
Hiran

179 Posts

October 21st, 2004 13:00

What video chip? Nvidia, ATI, Matrox? Are you connected to the monitor VGA, DVI? More info. would help! I don't think most people know what's in a 4600 off the top of their head.  

24 Posts

October 21st, 2004 15:00

Aaah silly me!
It's a RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP (ATI Technologies, Inc)

When I plugged the PC into a different monitor (Dell 19" CRT) the bloches didn't appear.

Thanks for any help,
Hiran

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 21st, 2004 15:00

Hiran,

* With the menu off, push the MENU button to open the OSD system and display the main features menu
* Push the Up and Down arrow buttons to move between the function icons
* Highlight Factory Reset
* Push the MENU button once to activate the highlighted function; then use the + and - buttons or the and buttons, according to the indicators on the menu, to make your changes
* Push the Menu button two or three times to exit from the OSD

24 Posts

October 21st, 2004 16:00

Thanks.
No. Neither Factory Reset nor Auto Adjust Image worked.

Does anybody know why my monitor is doing this?

Hiran

179 Posts

October 21st, 2004 17:00

You never answered if the connection to the LCD was DVI, or not? If DVI go into the ATI driver control panel and check the box that says, "reduce DVI frequency". See if that helps. My 2001FP displays the same distortion as you describe without that box checked. The distortion will not appear on the VGA connection you made to the CRT. That's really an apples and oranges comparison and doesn't even apply if you're connected DVI to the LCD.   

24 Posts

October 23rd, 2004 15:00

Thanks everyone.

I found that (!) if I tap the monitor firmly on the top the bloch interference disappears!!!

Hiran

No Events found!