Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2003 01:00

1703FP with Integrated Stand and SX270 Poor fit

It appears that the cable covers shipping with the 1703FP w/Integrated Stand have a major problem. When you attach the SX270 to the stand, there is a metal bracket that slides into the SX270 at the bottom and on the front side. For some reason the cable cover is flush all the way around, without any gap to accomodate the metal bracket on the front side. As a result, you cannot attach the cable cover to the system without breaking off some tabs in the process. Since this is required to be able to secure the entire system with one lock, this is a serious problem. 

Is Dell aware of this problem, and if so, are the correct cable covers available?

• 

17K Posts

July 28th, 2003 17:00

ladewig,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I passed this information on to the engineers.

37 Posts

January 10th, 2004 01:00

I agree. I just purchased 25 SX270's and we eventually threw the cable covers away. They fit poorly and would not stay on unless they were locked to the SX270 case.

We also had a major problem with bolting the SX270 to the stand as the screw barely catches metal on the stand.  You had to tighten real carefully and even then a good sharp pop knocks it loose.

11 Posts

January 12th, 2004 16:00

The second batch of monitors we received a couple weeks after the first had the correct notch in the case to work with the monitors. So it was apparently just the first shipments that shipped with the wrong covers.  We've been very happy with them, but we do lock all of our systems down.

Only problem we had was Dell wouldn't ship replacement covers. We had to ship the whole monitor back, so we just took a rotary tool and cut the notch ourselves.

No Events found!