Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

September 9th, 2013 13:00

2007WFP Pink line suddenly appeared

As of today there is a 1 pixel pink line on the right hand side of my 2007WFP monitor. The line is about 3 inches from the left side of the monitor and extends up from the bottom of the screen about 6 inches. I tried updating the DELL monitor driver but receive a message that the best driver is already installed. I checked to see if there was an updated NVidia driver but I already have the most current version. Any ideas of how to fix this?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 10th, 2013 15:00

Hello Tdehan,

In order to run the monitor self-test, please try the following steps:

• Turn off the computer and the monitor.
  • Disconnect the DVI cable from the computer.
  • Turn on the monitor by pressing the power button.
  • The monitor would show the colored screen.

Check if the pink line is still visible. If yes, please consider replacing the monitor.  

Hope this helps!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 9th, 2013 14:00

Hello Tdehan,

I would request you to run the Monitor Self-Test by disconnecting the DVI Cable from System and verifying if lines still exist. If it does, the issue is with the monitor and needs to be replaced. 

Please write back with your findings. 

11 Posts

September 9th, 2013 14:00

How do you run the Monitor Self-Test?

11 Posts

September 10th, 2013 16:00

Yes, the pink line is still there.  What caused this to suddenly happen?  This is a great monitor.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 10th, 2013 18:00

Hello Tdehan,

Electronic devices are prone to failures hence we have warrantied the products in order to support it.

May I know where was the monitor purchased and the date of purchase? If you have purchased it from Dell, please send me the order number as well as the account name in a private message. To send me a Private Message, click my DELL-username and then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

11 Posts

September 10th, 2013 18:00

I purchased the monitor new from DELL quite a number of years ago.  It's way out of warranty.  I just placed an order for a new 30 inch Dell UltraSharp U3014 Monitor as the pink line is driving me nuts!  However, is it possible to get my 3007WFP fixed?

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 11th, 2013 18:00

Hello Tdehan,

Congratulations for your new 30" Ultra-sharp monitor. Regarding the 3007WFP, you may take it to a local store and check if that can be repaired. Based on the price you may decide if you want to get it fixed. 

Please write back if you have any further queries. 

11 Posts

September 16th, 2013 08:00

Can a TV repair store repair a DELL monitor?  I asked earlier what causes the pink line but did not get an answer.

11 Posts

Please clarify what you mean by taking it to a "local store".  Are you referring to a DELL store?  If so, where will I find a list of DELL stores or DELL service locations in my area?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

We do not have Dell monitor repair facilities. He meant a local TV repair store. Dell does not repair monitors or sell internal monitor components. We do not even have monitor repair/disassembly documentation. We simply replace them while under warranty.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 16th, 2013 09:00

They are the only ones that would know how to check the internals of a monitor. We cannot know what caused the pink line.

11 Posts

September 16th, 2013 09:00

Wow!  This is going around in circles.  The question is can a TV repair place repair a DELL monitor?  Are there parts etc available for them to do so?  With regards to the PINK line... if you do a simple Google search on Pink lines and DELL monitors you will see a plethora of people complaining about this so I find it very odd that you would not know what causes this...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 16th, 2013 10:00

can a TV repair place repair a DELL monitor?
* Yes. If they have other 2007WFP to pull parts.

Are there parts etc available for them to do so?
* We do not sell internal monitor parts. You will need to call them and ask if they have some in the back to pull parts from.

No Events found!