Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2014 15:00

23" U2312HM warranty replacement, non-Dell purchase, and Customer Service

I followed Chris-M's instructions regarding obtaining a warranty replacement for the U2312HM my wife purchased from Amazon in March 2013. I'm getting the classic flutter on the left side of the screen (Pink hue with pixels). I ran the factory reset, tried multiple video cables, plugged the monitor into two computers (3 different video ports). No change in flutter or image quality.

Have fun dealing with Customer Service without a Service Tag #. Following the instructions on reporting a non-Dell purchase warranty problem I have experienced nothing but failure dealing with Customer Service. The first time I spent an hour getting transferred around until they were speaking French & hung me up. The second time the rep told me that I had to phone a different number which turned out to be Out of Warranty Service. The final time I explained everything and the rep still transferred me. I then spent an hour on hold waiting for Return and never got through.

I've explained the situation to each rep, tell them about Chris-M' forum post on service tags, warranties and non-Dell purchases, and refer the rep to "Dell Monitor Replacement Policy and Procedure - Dell Global Policy Article ID: PNP13081". All they say to me is "I've never had to deal with this type of problem before." When I ask to speak to their supervisor, they tell me I need to talk to another department and transfer me.

Any recommendations on how I might get my monitor replaced or how I can send Dell an  email without having a service tag?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 27th, 2014 11:00

Those instructions have worked for other customers. Call into Customer Service. Ask them to provide to you their email address so that you can provide to them the link to the Dell Global Policy. Here is the complete link you should email the Customer Care representative =

http://kb.dell.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=PNP13081&actp=SEARCH&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1419707525282

Issue = Scenario 7: The customer is unable to provide a Dell Order Number or system Service Tag because the customer purchased the monitor from a retailer. The only information the customer has is the PPID serial number for the monitor.

Discussion = The warranty will be 3 years starting from the embedded date in the monitor PPID serial number.

Solution = Set up the monitor replacement against the dummy tag.

No Events found!