Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2009 17:00

2408WFP A01 POWER SAVE AND BLINKING ISSUES, STILL!!

Has this issue been solved yet? I really want to throw this beautiful monitor out the window. I'm sorry, I'm frustrated. This monitor only recognizes the signal if I turn it on before I power up my PC. I typically turn my mointor off and keep my PC on if I go out. Im not a  big fan of screen savers..Anyway its not even that. The power save function on this monitor is horrid. It goes off randomly, blinks in and out when Im working in Photoshop or even a game. IT WONT WAKE UP TO KEYSTROKES OR MOUSE MOVEMENT like its supposed to. Whats the deal?

I want to turn power save off, its useless.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 21st, 2009 23:00

tenknics,

Did you purchase the monitor after July 2008?

40 Posts

March 22nd, 2009 14:00

Yes, if you see in the title of my topic, it says A01. Those weren't readily available until Sept/Oct 08. I purchased my unit in October.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2009 12:00

What video card?

40 Posts

March 24th, 2009 04:00

The video card isnt the problem. I'm running dual displays and only the 2408wfp blinks and goes into power save mode. Ati x850xt

Anyways, not to be a j erk but this is a problem I and it seems like many others have been dealing with for a long time with no answers. To expedite this process, is there anything you can do to help? Checking back for replies and waiting doesnt help me or my business. Perhaps, if you need more info from me to maybe help and solve this problem, why not ask all the questions you need to ask in one post rather then drag this out one question/one post at time...Or you can actually just answer my one question, can you actually help me? And I ask because my computer knowledge is pretty high and I've troubleshooted this thing to death....Soooo?

2 Posts

March 24th, 2009 14:00

Hi,

I have the same problem, with the 2408wfp.

I was connected with the DVI with my NVIDIA 9800 GX2 card, my OS is Vista 64.

It didn’t work with the same problems you described (after several seconds after boot the screen enters power save mode).

I have another LG LCD unit which worked just fine with the DVI.

Finally I connected my card using the HDMI input, at first it didn’t work. I than connected the Dell with HDMI the LG with DVI, the LG showed the image and the Dell didn’t.

I than disconnected the LG DVI cable, I heard a blip from the PC and the Dell started showing a stable image!?!?!

It looks like the Dell has some problems with the DVI input????

Does anyone from Dell has an explanation for the problem and the work around?

Tnx

40 Posts

March 27th, 2009 02:00

Sooo any help coming?

3 Posts

May 4th, 2009 02:00

Did Dell ever fix this? I've got the same monitor, and I've tested it now on three different video cards (on seperate machines) - and the display does not come out of powersave mode on any of them. This is clearly a problem with the display.

What did you do? Did you fix it or return the display?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 5th, 2009 09:00

All,

Contact Support and get them exchanged. All in stock have had the delay setting changed from 150 ms to 250 ms to resolve this issue. They will need the following information -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: Does Not Wake From Power Save or Sleep Mode

5 Posts

May 13th, 2009 00:00

All in stock have had the delay setting changed from 150 ms to 250 ms to resolve this issue.

I got a replacement months ago (Jan?) for my 2408WFP.  The replacement is as bad as the original.  When was this change made?  Will I be able to get a really fixed replacement?

4 Posts

May 13th, 2009 02:00

I have the same problem and  have had 4 replacements so far about time this problem is sovled ?.

5 Posts

May 13th, 2009 07:00

I have the same problem and  have had 4 replacements so far about time this problem is sovled ?.

Is your problem solved (after 4 replacements), or not?  I can't tell from your statement.

6 Posts

May 13th, 2009 16:00

I have the same problem. Once it goes into power save it would go into a continuouse cycle of trying to find signal from DVI showing the little DVI icon on and off. Sometimes it occurs when I start up windows in the welcome screen.

6 Posts

May 13th, 2009 19:00

I suspect this loss of signal is similar to the 3008wfp where the DVI link is susceptble to radiation. The EDID is corrupted as result causing the errors on the screen.

I have a 19" Dell 1907fp on DVI but it never drops a signal like this 2408wfp.

I also tried switching cables. But at this stage, it is all the same.

4 Posts

May 14th, 2009 02:00

No still same old problem even after 4 moniters its a b. bain in the a.

17 Posts

May 14th, 2009 08:00

I had similar problem with sleep mode at boot up. I replaced my video card from ATI to NVIDIA. problem is gone. It looks like its the ATI.

No Events found!