Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2008 20:00

2408WFP A01 blinking problem

I see several variations of this problem posted but none with replies.  My configuration is entirely stock Dell, unlike the other posts.

This brand new monitor blinks ie turns off goes black for a sec, then comes back on. The little DVI grey icon appears in the left hand corner as if the monitor just got turned on or came outta power save mode.  This does not seem to be related to any software -- it can happen any time.  It usually starts off with the odd intermittent blink but over time the blinking gets more rapid to the point where it is useless to continue.  The fix? -- turn the monitor off and on, and the problem goes away - - for a while.

This monitor is connected to a brand new XPS 730X with Dual NVIDIA 9800GT.  SLI is set to disabled.  Latest drivers installed. Res set to native settings 1920/60.

Strange thing -- the monitor was OK when I had it connected to my Dell laptop with lower res settings.  Seems like the GT makes it work too hard.  :-)

370 Posts

December 19th, 2008 18:00

I think I'd be calling Dell for a replacement.  I've got the 9800GT (although just the single board) and a 2408WFP and have had no problems.

675 Posts

December 22nd, 2008 18:00

I agree. I had the same symptoms on my 2007FP and it was replaced immediately.

Good luck.

dg

4 Posts

February 20th, 2009 12:00

Replaced the monitor cable -- problem resolved. :emotion-7:

No Events found!