Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2017 12:00

DDM stopped working 11/23, Windows 10 Home 64 bit?

Today when I turned on my computer I received a messages =

Dell Display Monitor Error. This program requires a supported Dell monitor and connection, and compatible display driver

No driver changes as far as I know.

Update = I have rolled back the driver on the Radeon HD 4300/4500. It seems to be OK 24 hours later. from what i can piece together, My Acer PC is a few years old and the Radeon is end the end of its model life so to speak,i'm wondering if the last driver update pushed out by windows broke it? The error appeared before I updated to windows creator version. That didn,t make any difference. I rolled back the driver after the update. I don't know when the Radeon driver was updated.  Everything is back to normal with my rather splendid Dell.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 24th, 2017 06:00

Rolling back the video card driver implies that Windows 10 updates did change the video card driver. If Windows 10 updates pushes another video card driver and the issue returns, try this =

* Uninstall DDM
* Restart the computer when done
* Download and install DDM from here
* Restart the computer when done and retest DDM

3 Posts

November 24th, 2017 08:00

I have the same problem as original poster.  Happened yesterday as well.  I followed your directions, uninstalling DDM and re-installing and it didn't make any difference.  I'm still getting the 'Please connect a supported Dell monitor' message when I hover over the DDM icon in the tray.  I have also swapped out HDMI cables.

November 24th, 2017 11:00

Update = I have rolled back the driver on the Radeon HD 4300/4500. It seems to be OK its an older acer pc

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 24th, 2017 13:00

This sounds like Windows 10 updates changed all of your video card/GPU drivers causing the issue. Follow BidefordNick lead, roll back the video card/GPU driver on your system to an older version, reboot and retest.

3 Posts

November 24th, 2017 16:00

Hi Chris and BidefordNick.

I have a Radeon 3000.  When I go to the driver page, the 'Roll Back Driver' button is greyed out and I cannot click it!  Any ideas?  I'm having trouble finding it online as well, but will keep looking.

Thanks!

Chris

November 25th, 2017 06:00

ANy use?  At work at the moment. A quick skim suggests you might need a new graphics card...if you are on windows ten unless you want to go back to 8

community.amd.com/.../DOC-1313

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 25th, 2017 07:00

cmcneilly,

What is your specific Dell computer model?

3 Posts

November 25th, 2017 08:00

I don't have a Dell computer, only monitor.  The monitor is a Dell S2415H(HDMI).

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 27th, 2017 05:00

Then we can only guess. Perhaps a newer video card is in order as BidefordNick suggested.

No Events found!