Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2011 11:00

DELL U2311H HDMI>DVI

hi there!

i've just got the monitor for birthday. now i have 4 different HDMI to DVI cables here and no one works! the screen stays black.

for information i have an laptop running win7 prof. latest version. a geforce gt 540m (vers.267.21) and the sandybridge cpu (latest driver).

well now to the monitor. when i plug in the VGA cable he switched immediately to dell with the hdmi cables nothing, BUT he enters power save mode and when i remove the cable(hdmi) the status differs he tells me dvi cable not pluged in. so i think this is a reaction. then i downloaded the driver for this monitor which is called dell u2211h after unzipping. installing this driver worked manually with hardware manager (or how is it called in english versions? i have a german with geräte manager) then i choosed the u2211h digital not VGA or DP.

i think so far everything was correct. then suprisingly i was watching the reboot and the monitor waked up from power save maode and showed me the windows loading screen ( you know the one with the four flying flags or whatever). but then he switched to power safe mode again at the moment the welcome screen was loading windows desktop! so the cable is correct he shows windows loading screen , the monitor registered the plugged in cable, but where is the mistake or error?

regards from germany

michael

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 9th, 2011 21:00

What video out ports are available on the laptop?

2 Posts

June 11th, 2011 15:00

hdmi, vga

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 16th, 2011 14:00

Test laptop VGA directly to the monitor VGA without the HDMI cable connected to either. What happens?

1 Message

July 7th, 2011 17:00

I have a similar problem trying to connect a new Toshiba E305 laptop to a new U2311H.  When I connect using the VGA cable, everything works fine.  There's no sound, of course.  That's why I bought an HDMI/Displayport cable.  When I hook that up and select DP on the monitor, however, it doesn't get a signal and goes into sleep mode.  And the laptop doesn't recognize the U2311H at all.

Can the U2311H accept an HDMI signal through the DP port?  If so, what do I need to do to make it happen?  If not, could you post that answer on multiple threads on the Forum that report problems with the U2311H DP connection?  Thanks.

No Events found!