Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2009 06:00

Dell 2408WFP Pixelated?

Hi,

I'm currently using a Dell2408WFP for my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. It's brilliant as a PC monitor but when I use my Xbox 360 or PS3 on it, two things bother me, it seems to make games more aliased, at 720p and 1080p and if there are spark effects, explosions and smoke effects, it makes them all pixelated which doesn't look good at all.

I'm using an HDMI cable for both of them and a DVI-D cable for my PC which is fine, would an HDMI to DVI-D cable fix the problem?

I also tried updating the firmware but I can't find a guide on how to do it, will a firmware upgrade fix the problem?

If anybody helps I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

28 Posts

February 4th, 2009 13:00

Nope, I think they have to flash the screens' memory(like a BIOS Update) and they don't want to allow users to screw it up. The screen itself is guaranteed 3 years, provided that you didn't buy it as a package deal with a computer: then it has the same warrenty as the computer, but if you bought it with a computer(added to cart speratly) then it will have 3 years

3 Posts

Oh right, I thought a user could do it, my mistake, I think it's under warranty, I only bought it  about a year ago or so.

I'll keep sending it to dell as a last resort but I'm guessing there's not a lot I can do about it myself.

28 Posts

The only firmware that the screen has...has to be updated by dell. I think the most recent revision for your screen is A01. If it's A00 you can always try contacting dell to see if they will exchange it under warrenty(provided that it still is under warrenty)

3 Posts

February 5th, 2009 01:00

Ahh I see, thanks, I'll get in touch with Dell asap, I'm pretty sure it's still under warranty.

No Events found!