Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 18th, 2019 13:00

P2719H, MacBook Pro, no HDMI signal

I'm trying to connect my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) to my new P2719H monitor with an HDMI cable, but I keep getting the "No HDMI signal from your device" message. I've tried turning the monitor/laptop on and off, plugging and unplugging the power/HDMI cables, connecting things in different orders, etc..almost everything - I think. The monitor is definitely reacting to my plugging of the HDMI cable because there is a blink after the connection which is then followed by the message. I also ran the P2719H Built-In Diagnostics test, which it passed. Lastly, I tried connecting the monitor to my co-worker's non-Apple laptop but we had the same issue. I don't have a Mac Mini DisplayPort adapter for the DisplayPort cable to monitor came with, so I haven't been able to test that out. The HDMI cable I'm using is brand-new, so I hope that's not the issue. Any suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 19th, 2019 08:00

Dell does not provide support for this monitor on Apple hardware and operating system. For Dell to troubleshoot, the monitor must be connected to a true Windows operating system computer.
* The P2719H driver page only shows Windows drivers
* The P2719H User's Guide only mentions Windows
* You should also post the issue on the Apple Forum to get assistance from other Apple users

* When connected and both on, did you press the P2719H Input Source button and check HDMI, page 42?
* What Windows PC model and operating system was tested on that other PC?

No Events found!