Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 24th, 2013 06:00

S2340T, touching activating by itself?

My S2340T monitor has decided it doesn't like the website I am trying to view or the game I am playing or the email I am reading. On its own, it decides I am touching the top edge of the screen in the middle. Sometimes it does this and when it does, I cannot use the computer. Luckily, it doesn't do it constantly although my fear is that that is where this is headed. I am using this monitor with a non-touchscreen Dell 15R with an i5 chip that is running Windows 8.1. Before Windows 8.1 there was an easy way to find the controls to calibrate the monitor, but now I cannot find those controls. It could also be a driver issue? In any event, I cannot seem to find the proper program to re-calibrate the screen. And for what it cost, I surely hope this silly thing is not "going out" on me.

Any clues on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 24th, 2013 10:00

dbolesny,

The controls are within the operating system itself.

* Connect the monitor USB Upstream cable from the bottom of the monitor to a USB port on the computer
* Make sure Control Panel -System & Security -System -Device Manager -HID touch device is recognized as shown below:
HID-compliant device
Microsoft Input Configuration Device
USB Input Device

* Run the Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate
-OR-
* Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search
* Enter calibrate in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings
* Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate
* Tap or click Calibrate
* Touch your finger on the screen at that center of black cross until the cross moves
* The pointer moves to fifteen further positions in sequence for the first calibration and three further positions in sequence if previous calibration data is stored
* Store the calibrated data to complete the touch screen calibration procedure

12 Posts

December 24th, 2013 10:00

Thank you!  I did find the "Tablet" Calibration controls and that fixed the issue. I have now created a shortcut to that control as this has happened before. Or perhaps before I calibrated and did not "save" the calibration settings, although I am pretty certain I did. Otherwise, the controls were all set properly. I think it was just the calibration settings that were off.

Thx!  And Happy Holidays.

No Events found!