Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 8th, 2016 09:00

Dell flat panel LCD monitor S2340M

Hello

When I x out a page or open one, there is a stutter or flicker during the opening or closing.

It is very slight. The store replaced mine with one like it yet the issue persists. I have also swapped cables-VGA.

I removed the NVidea card and cleaned any dust then re seated it.

I removed RAM and re seated the sticks in pairs per manual.

I ran the diagnostics that is the F 12 key - it was the full test and there was no trouble.

My question is, have you or anyone reading this post experienced this issue?

If so please write and let me know your resolution to the problem.

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 8th, 2016 15:00

I doubt that this is a monitor hardware issue. You do not mention what page? Assuming you mean a browser. Have you tested multiple browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) to see if they all have the same issue? Have you tested the monitor on a different computer to see if the different computer also shows the issue?

55 Posts

April 9th, 2016 06:00

It also occurs when I open 'my documents'. It is less flagrant with Edge.

How can I try this with my monitor so I can use the screens correctly.  If it does not happen with the laptop, it means the desktop has a hardware problem or no.

TY

Peter

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 9th, 2016 09:00

It sounds like you are saying that when the monitor is attached to the laptop you do not see the issue. If so, then the fault lies with the desktop, not the monitor. You should post the issue on the Desktop Video board.

55 Posts

April 9th, 2016 09:00

I'll save time. It is the card being worn by low PSU.

I was just saying the screen flickers when opening. I had asked how to use the Monitor with the laptop but that is not a necessary troubleshooting step now.

Thank you

No Events found!