Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2020 05:00

E196FP, colored flashing

I have the same problem occurring on my monitor model E196FP after an apparent driver update. The cycling colors appear when the E196FP is first switched on, before the computer is started and when not even connected to the PC. Also when the E196FP goes to "sleep" while the computer is on.

I have tried entering the "Factory Service Menu", as suggested in another post (disconnecting from PC, E196FP off, hold 2 left buttons, turn monitor on) but nothing happens, so unable to to do anything else.

Some help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Posts

February 17th, 2020 03:00

I appear to have fixed the problem.
I carried out the following steps - I don't know if they are all required or only the last few, but this is what I did:
  • Disconnected the monitor from the PC, so there was only a power cable attached
  • Unplugged the monitor from the power source
  • Holding down the Power button (R) on the front of the monitor, I plugged it into the power source (initially started colour screens) and continued to hold the Power button until the screen turned off
  • I then reconnected the monitor to the PC and powered up the PC, letting it run for a few minutes until I judged the login screen would be available
  • I then turned on the screen, using the Power button (R), (which now worked) and logged onto the PC
  • I started running Chrome and then tried pressing the Menu button (L) on the screen - it now worked too and a menu appeared
  • Using the minus (down) key on the screen (2nd L) I moved down and selected "Factory Reset"
  • Pressed Enter and the Menu button again (to clear the menu from the screen)
  • At the end of my session I logged out and shut down the PC as normal - this time the screen went to black instead of cycling colours.
When I turned on the power today, the screen remained black until I turned on the PC and the normal startup screens began - so it appears to have been fixed.
No Events found!