Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 13th, 2017 12:00

E2414Ht, No display, the power light turns on and my computer detects that it is attached

* Was the monitor purchased directly from Dell or some reseller? And when?
   - I'm not sure, I received it as a gift.

* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number and A0x revision?
   - CN0VJH9674445394A37U - A00

* To what computer model is the monitor attached?
   - N/A, it is a custom built PC.

* What video card/GPU is in the computer?
    None, it is using Intel Integrated Graphics

* What video out ports are on the video card/GPU or computer?
   - HDMI and VGA. Tested both with a VGA cable and an HDMI to DVI-D adapter cable, made no difference. However, the computer does detect that the monitor is attached normally.

* List all monitor cables and adapters attached to the computer and the ports they are using and how they are connecting to the monitor.
   - I have tested both the VGA output with a normal VGA cable and the HDMI output using an Amazon HDMI to DVI-D adapter cable, both of which have been tested on another monitor and proved functional.

* What operating system is installed on the computer?
   - Windows 10 Pro

* What Windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off
   - It is set as default, which is "balanced."

* If functional in Windows, press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed?
   - Nothing. The monitor will not show anything at all, and all of the buttons have no effect, except for the power button which simply turns its light off/on when you push it.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 13th, 2017 12:00

Built on September 4, 2013. Out of warranty September 4, 2016. Take the computer, operating system, software, and cabling out of the troubleshooting equation. Run the monitor BID (Built-in Diagnostics) page 41. If nothing appears, then the backlight is defective.

No Events found!