Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2011 17:00

Getting a 2408WFP replaced under warranty

Allow me to preface this by saying I live in Canada, since that seems to be an issue for many Dell reps. 

So. I have a 2408WFP that's dead, again. It was purchased in October 2008 directly from Dell.ca and replaced under warranty in mid-2009 (I can't find any emails pertaining to the replacement, but the replacement was manufactured Aug 2009). Getting it replaced at that time took 5 hours on the phone and I was transfered over 30 times. At issue at the time was nobody seemed to be able to pull up my order number or customer records, or didn't understand that the 2408WFP doesn't have a service number. Eventually I just won the lottery and was connected to a department that was able to pull up the original order and issue a replacement, a process that took less than five minutes.

And now here I am, two years later, with a dead monitor again. I tried calling the general tech support line again, but after 45 minutes and six transfers they just hung up on me. So, I thought I'd try here instead since there seems to be Dell staff that are actually able to help here. I have my original order number, customer number, order dates, product serial number and original order & shipping emails for the monitor, any and all of which I can provide to a Dell employee that would be willing to help. Or, maybe someone knows the direct phone number for this magical Dell department that can handle monitor replacements? It certainly isn't any of the general tech/customer support 1-800 numbers, they're useless. 

As for the actual issue with the monitor, not that it really matters, it's got vertical green (and sometimes red) lines that span the picture, as documented here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59220-3-dell-2005fpw-monitor-green-stripes-artifacts As well, it changes PIP settings every few seconds while in use, rendering the monitor completely unusable. It's obviously hardware (the green line issue alone is capacitors), so I couldn't care less about trying to troubleshoot the thing, i'd just like to arrange a replacement. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 12th, 2011 11:00

Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:
Troubleshooting Done:

2 Posts

July 12th, 2011 23:00

Hi Chris, sent you a PM. Thanks!

No Events found!