Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2009 07:00

Loading Drivers for SE178178WFP

Im having trouble loading the drivers I downloaded from Dells site and

the one's that came with the CD. This is a Wide screen 17" monitor on an XP System.

When I though the instructions nothing happens, it says the drivers not for

my system. Could it be the drivers are for Vista not Xp?

Any Help?

Thanks

Larry

4.6K Posts

February 5th, 2009 10:00

Welcome to the forums Larry :emotion-21:

The reason you're getting the error message, is because monitor drivers are only required for Windows 9x - i.e. Windows 95, 98 etc.

It isn't necessary to install monitor drivers when you're using Windows XP, because the OS installs drivers during its installation :emotion-55:

February 6th, 2009 06:00

Thanks for the response.  I did get it to load the drivers but I still cant use the optimum resolution

1440x900 60hz.  I can get to 60hz but 1440x900 is not it the list. It goes from 1280x1024 to 1600x1200

do I need a different video card.

Thanks Larry

4.6K Posts

February 6th, 2009 07:00

Strange?  Have you tried reinstalling/updating your graphics drivers?

5 Posts

February 6th, 2009 12:00

I'm having some different problems but related to SE178WFP.

Go to the dell Support Home page and click on drivers and downloads.  When it displays the the 3 colored boxes, underneath the blue monitor is a link "Dell Monitors and Displays".  Click on the link.  You will get 2 drop down menus to choose from; Windows XP, or Vista.  About 3/4 down in the XP list is the driver dated January 07 for the LCD SE178WFP.  However note that while the driver is newer the list of systems does not ID any of the Dimension desktops.  I doubt if this is material but be cautioned.  I have in my download list but haven't tried it yet.  Be sure to set a system restore point and back-up before loading.  I assume you know how to do a driver roll-back in case of failure.  The page also has a link to downloading & installing for XP.  I have pasted the link below.  Hope it solves your problem.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/product_support/en/monitors?c=us&l=en&s=gen

No Events found!