Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2008 11:00

Maybe a Bad DVI Cable?

I got my new Dell 1708 Monitor.  It won't work in Ditgial Mode.  It works in Analog only.  My computer sees the Digital Hookup, but monitor goes into Power Save Mode in Digital. 

I removed the DVI cable and took an Ohm meter to cable.  I got nothing on the big flat pin and nothing on Pin #24.  If you were looking at the cable, Big flat plug on the left side, Pin #24 is the upper pin,first row next to the flat pin. 

Is it a bad cable?  Can someone out there confirm the Ohms test on the cable? It will be a few hours until Radio Shack opens to try another cable.

Thanks.

Robert

3 Posts

February 17th, 2008 01:00

I got another Cable and still no luck getting the monitor to work in Digital Mode.  I did a little more researching and the cable is not the problem.  Dell wants to send me a new monitor, I guess I'll go the computer store and see if they will hook it up and make sure it works.  If it doesn't work for them, I'll get it replaced.

Message Edited by ARRC on 02-16-2008 09:02 PM

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2008 02:00

Well Dell sent me another Monitor.  I couldn't get it to work either.  I decided to go out and buy a new Video Card.  Monitor works fine. now.

No Events found!