Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2013 13:00

Monitor Arm MSA14 - Adjusting?

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to get to tech support for help in adjusting this monitor arm and I was disconnected.  I'm not sure where or how you adjust the weight so the arm goes down as shown in the diagram.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 14:00

Hi lawzee,

I regret for the inconvenience caused. To check how to adjust the monitor arm, you may refer to the manual on the arm adjustment settings. Please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/1cImmxW.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for further assistance.  

2 Posts

August 12th, 2013 15:00

I have this manual - but the pictures are not clear.  Is there a video or something more detailed that shows where the adjustments and how the adjustments are made?

Thank you.

1.5K Posts

August 15th, 2013 18:00

Hi lawzee,

I tried to find out a video regarding mounting the monitor on the arm. Unfortunately, I am not able to find something relevant.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance. I will be glad to assist you.

1 Message

December 28th, 2013 12:00

I have the MSA14 articulating monitor arm. The upper arm articulations do not move except for the one closest to the monitor. I have viewed the video and wriiten instructions - no tension adjustment is indicated. I will appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with this product.

1 Message

January 9th, 2014 10:00

I just got one of this dell arms, and I was puzzled too, because the manual show an adjustment screw that I coudnt find in the arm. The thing is, you have to install the display first, with the arm extended the way it came, and then force it down. It will be a little hard, but it will go down. Then you will be able to see the adjustment screw on top of the arm joint. After that, use the alllen tool to adjust the arm. It will be very easy to adjust the height after this.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

1 Message

September 26th, 2016 13:00

wow, thanks a lot man, you are a genius, you save me from frustration and customer support dont have a clue

1 Message

July 26th, 2017 08:00

Hi there

This arm should articulate in two hinges as the manual shows. This advice is good for the hinge closest to the monitor mount but the hinge in the middle should also be able to drop down but it doesn't. No amount of pressure will make it move. There is no allen key hole at the top.

No Events found!